Welcome to The Battery Show Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo and conference – we take care of getting you registered so you don’t have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in the Pearl Room. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2018 in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network straightaway. Please contact Heather Lobao to request a guest pass – you’ll simply need to provide the guest’s name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, exhibitions, entertainment, keynotes, co-located conferences, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the The Battery Show 2018 event website
- A chance to have your session promoted on all The Battery Show 2018 and affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you’ve already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
- June 29 - Speaker Agreement Due - Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement. Click here to download.
- June 29 - Professional Bio & Photo Due - Photo should be 200x200 pixel, high-resolution preferred. Upload here.
- August 15 - Presentation Slides Due. Click here to download.
- August 15 - Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
- August 29 - Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
- September 10 - 13 - The Battery Show Conference
Conference Content Director
Naomi Price - [email protected] - 508-440-9968
Conference Operations Lead
Heather Lobao - [email protected] - 310-445-4255
Theaters Operations Lead
Marianne Ferrandi - [email protected] - 212-600-3329
Design News, Kevin Clemens - [email protected] - 919-536-9528
Public Relations Lead
Rich Trunzo - [email protected] - 424-316-7169
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly may not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
• Presentations must be submitted in a PDF and PPT format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
• Download the Speaker Presentation Template and please use this as the PowerPoint template for your content
• Please use the following file naming convention when submitting your slides: Novi18_FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
• Submit your presentation below:
Upload Your Presentation
You will upload your presentation here. Please review the submission instructions before you begin.
- Advanced Battery Technologies: Crystal Ballroom and Sapphire/Ruby Ballroom
- Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technologies: Opal/Garnet Ballroom and Sapphire/Ruby Ballroom
- Critical Power Technologies: Expo Booth 2351
** If you need to make revisions after you have submitted, please do not upload via the Box widget. Email revised PDF and PPT to [email protected] to avoid delays in the process and ensure the correct version is provided to attendees.
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here’s how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you’re on social media, we hope that you’ll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you’re willing and available, we hope that you’ll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you’re influencing your industry. Don’t miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #TBS18
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #TBS18 on Sept 12th! See you there…
- Example 2: #TBS18 is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking at the Critical Power Conference on Sept 11th on Alternative Energy. See you at the conference.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate your track room on the first floor:
- The Battery Show Conference, Advanced Battery Technologies Track: Crystal Ballroom
- The Battery Show Conference, Advanced Battery Technologies Track: Sapphire/Ruby Ballroom
- The Battery Show Conference, Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technologies Track: Opal/Garnet Ballroom
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to the Pearl Room. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday, and from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM on Thursday of the event.
The Critical Power Conference Location
The pavilion is located in the main hall within the Critical Power Expo at Booth 2351. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 2300 aisle until you arrive at Booth 2351. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
Open Tech Forum Location
The pavilion is located in the main hall within the Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo at Booth 857. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 800 aisle until you arrive at Booth 857. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
As a member of faculty, you’ll be provided with complimentary lunch all days of the event; buffet lunch will be served in the expo hall behind the 200 aisle of the Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo from 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM daily.
As a member of faculty, you receive access to all event keynotes. The keynote presentations will take place Tuesday, Sept. 11 from 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM and on Wednesday, Sept. 12th from 9:45 AM – 10:30 AM. Location TBA.
Parking at the Suburban Collection Showplace is $5/day per car, payable by cash or credit card.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, The Battery Show 2018 has partnered with Convention Management Resources to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
To download the mobile app, search for The Battery Show in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, networking events, Open Tech Forum, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact [email protected].
- Do not include sales pitches and commercial information in your presentations. Our conferences provide educational and informative presentations. Speakers who include self-promotional content may not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about The Battery Show 2018 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact [email protected].